Sunday, March 9, 2014

PROJECT 365 | DAY 68: AFRICAN TRIBAL DECORATION

DAY 68 | One thing I realised today is that both nature and humanity are the most two powerful things to ever exist. It started when my teacher brought in the book, Cultural Fashion: Tribal Decoration from Africa by Hans Silvester. Flipping through the pages, I was completely hooked! Each page was awe inspiring. I know that many different cultures and communities exist in the world - whether they may be nomads to the filthy rich but I never really thought much about them. (Have you?) Till now, I'm really fascinated by African tribes who use the beauty of nature in flora, fauna and body paint to represent who they are. It's crazy to think that we "1st world people" are obsessed with fast fashion and what is on the runways. Yet these humans, who wear no clothes at all, use the most simplistic things to "bedazzle" themselves. I am forever fascinated xxx

Here is also another collage and flipagram I made for my class project, inspired by African tribal decoration.


Plants, flowers and leaves from my garden.



Amazing!



My own experimentation...and attempt.


No comments:

Post a Comment