Friday, February 21, 2014

PROJECT 365 | DAY 52: PEACH AND BLUEBERRY PIE



So yum!


DAY 52 | When my banana bread failed, I immediately redeemed myself...by making peach and blueberry pie. I'm actually really surprised this week by how much cooking I have done. And with pastries! I think I have found a new stress/boredom relief: procrasticooking. I think I'm conquering my new years resolutions.

In terms of the recipe: pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees celsius. Line the tart tray with short crust pastry or puff pastry and cover it with baking paper. Hold it down with dried beans or grains of rice. Bake for 10 minutes. Make your mixture with peach slices, blueberries, sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon. Take out tart from oven, remove baking paper and spread fruit mixture into tart. Cut strips of puff pastry and it place over mixture like above. Brush with an egg glaze. Bake for a further 30 mins or until golden brown. Serve when its nice and warm with ice cream! Hope you love it to bits xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment