Saturday, December 7, 2013

PARIS 2014







 All pictures from Oracle Fox blog.

As you may know (or maybe you don't know but you will know now!), I am heading to Paris in June 2014. I’m only going for a holiday with my mum and dad but for any person who is studying fashion (or appreciates and knows its history) then going to Paris is a pretty big deal. It’s where Chanel started her knit sweaters, tailored tweed dinner jackets and emphasized that every woman should own a little black dress. It’s where Schiaparelli created the avant-garde evolution and practiced fashion as an art-base form. It’s the place where Christian Dior passed away with the highest respects and his young protégé Yves Saint Laurent continued his legacy. It’s also a home away from home for the likes of Rei Kawakubo of Comme des Garcons from Japan and the man himself Karl Lagerfeld, whom is originally from Germany. Besides being ecstatic to walk in the footsteps of fashion historians, the streets, landscapes and tourist attractions I hear are just as divine as well as the personal style of its commoners. Might I add I’ll be in town for Paris Fashion Week? (Yep!) I am beyond excited to immerse in the atmosphere and witness what all the crazy fuss is about!

More posts to come of more Paris inspiration!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment