Saturday, December 28, 2013

CHRISTMAS IN A SUMMER WONDERLAND



Along St. Kilda Pier

So this week has been insane. I have been hopping from one place to another - circling around work, Christmas celebrations and Boxing Day mania. My weekend (today) includes a wedding and before I head off to the afternoon ceremony, I may as well fit in a quick post (although I’ll let the photographs do the speaking anyway).

Christmas this year was a small celebration with my family. My parents and I headed to St. Kilda for a morning stroll along the pier and we weren’t the only ones to do the same. It seemed like a lot of people came to the beach for some glorious sun, a picnic on the sand and a dip in the waves. Although I noticed a lot of British tourists (some guys topless O M G!) as I heard their accents so I’m not quite sure if there were more tourists then locals on the beach…but anyway, this is how we Aussies celebrate our Christmas: in the sun! We also walked along Acland Street. It has been a long time since I have been to St Kilda, so I never realised how many cake shops existed on the one street. Viewing all the delectable treats in the windows seemed like it was cake heaven or something! Besides that, I knew we were going to walk past Luna Park, which brought back childhood memories. So in orderly fashion I decided to wear my overalls, a pink T-shirt underneath and my TOMS shoes – a playful outfit indeed. I wondered though: did some people think I looked like a 5-year-old? Or did guys prefer a girl wearing a bikini or dress to the beach? Whatever their answer was, I felt cool and forever young in my outfit. It’s how I am feeling (in what I wear) that matters, right?


Luna Park and Palais Theatre


The entrance to Luna Park



Snapshot (by my mum!) on  St. Kilda Pier


My red TOMS alpargatas


On the pier kiosk


I realise I do this "ballet" pose when I stand to take a photo. Good turn out?



Hello ocean!


So many cakes! (on Acland Street)


Ice Coffees at Acland Cake Shop. Yum!


The birds going home.

Till next time xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment