Sunday, December 1, 2013

A VERY-BERRY-MANGO-KIWI-GREEN-TEA-JUICE SMOOTHIE


Now that the days are feeling more like summer, a cooling drink is a nice treat. Before I would go to Boost Juice to order a $7 smoothie but with fruit already in the household and finally finding my blender, I asked myself, why don’t I just make one at home? So I did. It’s a little bit of kitchen labour but I promise, as soon as you start, you just want to make more in all sorts of flavours! Here is my first one I made which I call a very-berry-mango-kiwi –green-tea-juice smoothie…because those are the exact ingredients.

You will need:

A blender
A handful of frozen mixed berries
1 mango, cut up into pieces
1 kiwi fruit, cut up into pieces
Half a cup of green tea (I had some green rose tea leftover in my teapot so I thought it was a nice extra touch for toxins and liquidy texture)
Half a cup of fruit juice of your choice
1 tsp. of Benefibre (this is optional but I decided to add it for some extra fibre supplements)

Basically all you do is pop all the ingredients into a blender and voila! This will be probably be my new breakfast-to-go option as the fruits and natural sugars will give you boost and more energy to start your day. Plus its really yummy xxx



2 comments: