Thursday, November 28, 2013

MELBOURNE'S FIRST NOODLE NIGHT MARKET

Melbourne is currently hosting their first Night Noodle Market and luckily, it is a big success. Before it even launched, news about it started floating on my Facebook feed and being a bit of a foodie myself, I had to go. It was quite an affair. There were loads of people, very long cues, hot weather but overall good food and a very cool atmosphere to be around. You would have probably already researched but the best Asian restaurants were serving some of their specialties including Chin Chins, Wonderbao, Mamak, Izakaya Den and new dessert places like Gelato Messina. But as my friend and I were super hungry and after roaming around deciding what to purchase, we went for the shortest line anyway and ended up in Paperboy Kitchen. We ate Vietnamese Noodle Salads, which is traditionally called Banh Hoi (and it’s not hard to make at home either! Perhaps I’ll post up a homemade recipe my mum likes to make). It was very delicious though. Besides the food, it was a nice atmosphere. It’s a little better then the Queen Vic Night Markets as there is a lot more seating space but I guess the only downfall was the major cues and perhaps the prices of the dishes. Last but not least, like the usual Instagram addict I am, I took many photos, even with the outfit I was wearing. It only seemed appropriate to wear a dress, as it was almost 3o degrees! Hello summer xxx


    The pretty lanterns!





     Couldn't help myself with taking multiple pictures of the lanterns...in different angles...



   Ate the BBQ Chicken Vietnamese Noodle Salad (while my friend has the Miso Salmon) - so fresh and cooling for the
  hot weather. A good dish to have in the summer!


                     WHAT I WORE | An Elle Tassy vintage dress, Just Jeans denim jacket, Cotton On 
                     Satchel and Sportsgirl Jellies (PS. I look so static! Need to move around in my outfit
                     posts!)



    As we walked back to Flinders Street Station, there was a nice picture-esque moment of the Yarra River and the sunset (of course I had to take a picture). This was taken on the bridge on St Kilda Road, a 2 min walk from Flinders Street. 


The Noodle Night Market runs from November 18-30th, 2013 at Alexandra Gardens, right off St Kilda Road, a 5 minute walk from Federation Square. 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment