Friday, November 29, 2013

LOVE AND GIVE WITH TOMS




If you haven’t heard of TOMS, well for me personally, they are the best things that have ever happened to the shoe industry. I slightly have a flat left foot so the classic alpargatas are super comfy, it fits my soles perfectly and I don’t feel any pain at all. Despite my love for these shoes (I almost wear them everyday), their business approach is something I also dearly love. Basically, when you purchase a pair of TOMS shoes, a pair of shoes go back to a child in need. In some third world countries, children are deprived from going to school just because they don’t have proper uniform, like a simple pair of shoes. TOMS however gives them this opportunity with their simple concept. So far, they have also expanded their products with sunglasses. And get this: when you purchase a pair of sunglasses, someone is given sight. 


It often surprises me how many things I take for granted or not properly acknowledge, like the fact I have many pairs of shoes and I am truly blessed that I am able to see. 

Above: PHOTO DOCUMENTING MELBOURNE | The LOVE sign sits in Melbourne Central, level 2.

So since Christmas is around the corner, I figured one of the ways to do some good is to give. TOMS have recently launched a Market Place on their site where you can also connect and shop at other causes who are doing good things in this world. It’s ultimately a full circle exchange. I only hope one day I am able to achieve something like this, in terms of my career in fashion. I just have to remember, “commerce can be more than just profits”. It’s us who can truly make a difference in someone’s life.

Up next and over the next coming weeks, I’ll be posting on some of the brands that are doing incredible, amazing things! So stay tuned. But in the meantime, check out TOMS and their story at www.toms.com xxx


The gift of giving! 
Above: PHOTO DOCUMENTING MELBOURNE | The GIVE sign sits in Melbourne Central level 1.



Me and my TOMS alpargata flats. Hands down, the best shoes ever! Also wearing my DIY boyfriend jeans! 

No comments:

Post a Comment